1.A: Don’t forget to come to my birthday party tomorrow.
A. I don’t B. I won’t C. I can’t D. I haven’t
2. A: Will you stay for lunch?
B: Sorry, ____B____. My brother is coming to see me.
广西快3开奖结果A. I mustn’t B. I can’t C. I needn’t D. I won’t
3. Generally I love reading, but ____B____ I start to read this book I’ll immediately fall asleep.
A. at a time B. every time C. in time D. on time
4. He has promised to __C_____ the matter.
A. look up B. look for C. look into D. look after
5. The ____A____ child always likes to make up fairy tales.
广西快3开奖结果A. imaginative B. imagining C. imaginary D. imaginable
广西快3开奖结果6. _____B___ when she started complaining.
A. Not until he arrived B. Hardly had he arrived
广西快3开奖结果C. No sooner had he arrived D. Scarcely did he arrive
广西快3开奖结果7. It is necessary that the apparatus ___A_____ carefully in shipping.
A. be handled B. handle C. handled D. is handled
8. Many a man ___C______ interest is the mother of success.
A. think B. being thought C. thinks D. having thought
9. We were struck by the extent __A____ which teachers’ decisions served the interests of the school rather than those of the students.
A. to B. with C. in D. for
10. The higher fence gives us some shelter ___D___ the wind.
A. in B. for C. at D. from
广西快3开奖结果11. By the time you arrive home, I ___D___ for several hours, so please don’t make a noise when you come in.
A. shall be sleeping B. shall have slept
广西快3开奖结果C. shall sleep D. shall have been sleeping
广西快3开奖结果12. He loses our trust because he often ___D____ his duty.
A. owes B. spoils C. deserts D. neglects
13. __C______ that some guests are coming, they will get the rooms ready.
A. Having told B. To tell C. Having been told D. Telling
广西快3开奖结果14. He resigned _____B___ taking part in such a dishonest transaction.
A. other than B. rather than C. instead of D. in place of
15. When you are in court, you must __C____ the truth.
广西快3开奖结果A. say B. speak C. tell D. talk