I .Vocabulary and structure (20)
广西快3开奖结果1. It is generally believed that success ______ hard work as well as good luck.
广西快3开奖结果A. lays in B. puts to C. hang in the balance D. lies in
2. He had worked so hard. He _______ in the exams.
广西快3开奖结果A. must have failed B. would have failed C. could have failed D. should not have failed
3. In previous times, when fresh meat was in short _______, pigeons were kept by many households as a source of food.
A. store B. provision C. reserve D. supply
4. Between 1974 and 1997, the number of overseas visitors expanded ________ 27%.
广西快3开奖结果A) by B) for C) to D) in
5. In the long ___, the new information technologies may fundamentally alter our way of life.
广西快3开奖结果A) jump B) distance C) run D) view
6. She was so _____ in her job that she didn’t hear anybody knocking at the door.
A) attracted B) absorbed C) drawn D) concentrated
7. It does not alter the fact that he was the man ______ for the death of the little girl.
广西快3开奖结果A) accounting B) guilty C) responsible D) obliged
8. Although the weather was very bad, the buses still ran on ______.
A) list B) schedule C) plan D) arrangement
广西快3开奖结果9. Without proper lessons, you could ______ a lot of bad habits when playing the piano.
广西快3开奖结果A) keep up B) pick up C) draw up D) catch up
10 Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, _____, of course, made the
A) who B) that C) what D) which
广西快3开奖结果11. It was a _______ that she wasn’t killed in the car crash.
A) mirror B) miracle C) surprising D) surprised
广西快3开奖结果12. The prisoners became ________ in their attempts to escape.
A) despite B) desperate C) deserted D) separate
13. My grandmother ________ a lot when she was young.
广西快3开奖结果A. was used to dance B. used to dance C. used to dancing D. had danced
14. I wish I _________ so much time, but now it’s too late to feel regretful.
A. haven’t wasted B. hadn’t wasted C. didn’t waste D. don’t waste
广西快3开奖结果15. To ______ a living he must be able to convince the company that he can do the job required.
A. get B. chase C. create D. earn
广西快3开奖结果16. —Would you like to have dinner with me this Saturday, Mr. Wang?
A. Oh, no. Let’s not B. I’d rather stay at home
C. I’d love to, but I have a meeting that day D. Thank you
广西快3开奖结果17. —Excuse me, is there a park here?
—Thank you all the same.
A. I don’t want to tell you B. Yes, there is C. No, there isn’t D. Sorry, I don’t know
18. —Mike, I am going to skate in the mountains tomorrow.
—Oh, really? _____.
A. Good luck B. Thank you C. Have a good time D. Congratulations
19. —I am sorry for what I have said to you.
A. It’s just too bad B. No problem C. Don’t think any more about it D. I’m sure about that
广西快3开奖结果20. —I wonder if I could use your dictionary?
广西快3开奖结果A. Go on B. Here you are C. Go up D. Here are you
II. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word or phrase from the box , change the form if necessary (10)
sign normally facial
广西快3开奖结果wound relax rarely
completely response invention if
1. The policeman had a knife _______ in his arm.
2. He ______ the waiter to bring him another drink.
广西快3开奖结果3. He is ______ in his office on Friday afternoons.
广西快3开奖结果4. Her ______ expression changed to happiness when she heard the good news.
5. Why don’t you stop being angry and ____ for a while!
广西快3开奖结果6. She was bored with work and wanted to do something _________ different.
7. Books had to be written by hand before the of printing.
8. The manager’s (回答; 答复) to our plan was encouraging.
广西快3开奖结果9. I _________ go to bed early, but I stayed up late last night.
广西快3开奖结果10. She would have died _____ the doctor hadn’t operated immediately.
III.Fill in each of the blanks with an appropriate preposition or adverb (10’)
1. Tom broke the computer ____ throwing a brick at the screen.
2. She was frightened _______ the way he spoke.
3. He tore the letter ____ small pieces and threw them in the dustbin (垃圾桶).
广西快3开奖结果4. As soon as I was ___ board, I began to have second thoughts about leaving.
广西快3开奖结果5. Her bike has never been used and is ___ perfect condition.
6. Can you be certain _________ the truth of what she said?
7. You are acting _____ a complete fool.
广西快3开奖结果8. You’re confusing me _____ my sister—it was her who was sick on your sofa.
9. The pilot turned the plane into the wind to take ____.
10. A one-day course for beginners will be held ___ May 14.